I had a pretty busy time in the last weeks working on two musical projects.
The first one is a soundtrack for the theatrical play Ritratto di spalle. I’ve worked on it with Carlo Cenini, a piano player (among others) and friend of mine. The score is now finished, written, recorded and handed out to the client and the company is already on tour with it! I’ll be uploading the whole bunch to soundcloud in the next days, as soon as I get around to do the exports.
The second project, a sountrack to the short film Killer Aloe, is starting get to the final stage. All of the tracks are now laid out, I can now start to work on the details! This project has been quite fun to work on, because I tried to use only hardware, analogue gear, and reverted to software only where I didn’t have an alternative (I could have done it all without a vsti if my Korg DSS-1 hadn’t died on me recently). I worked a lot with the Shruti-1 and the SammichSID (which both are capable of producing some wonderful, gritty, noisy sounds, perfect for this project!). Working with hardware like this makes the process a bit longer, but also more interesting.
Here’s a soundcloud set with the current state of the project, I will update this one as soon as I work some more on the tracks.